Teachers are expected to:
- Reply to your phone calls, emails or Skype requests within 24 hours (excluding holidays and weekends).
- Grade your work within 48 hours (excluding holidays and weekends).
- Hold a ½ to 1 hour instructional session each week and communicating the times.
- Be available to schedule oral exams.
- Touch base with the student no less than every two weeks.
- Be very knowledgeable in their subject area.
Students will be expected to:
- Be sure to use Netiquette at all times. For more information on netiquette, please review this section in the New Student Orientation.
- Log into their course for 5-10 hours per week depending on the length of the course.
- Stay on pace with their Friday due dates as reflected in their pace chart.
- Understand and comply with academic honesty rules. For more information about academic honesty, you can review the Student Handbook, review this section in the New Student Orientation or speak with your teacher.
- Reply to communication in a timely way.
- Ask questions if there is a problem (be a self-advocate).
- Be persistent with issues (ask for help or put in a trouble ticket in your course).
- Review the feedback from graded assignments, quizzes and tests. (This will really help with mid-terms and finals).
- Regularly review your grade report to watch for skipped assignments or grade questions.