As the semester nears its close, it is important to note that final exams are coming. While for some the thought of taking a final exam may be quite stressful, there are steps you can take now to help prepare you for a smooth finals week.
The biggest, most obvious thing you can do to prepare yourself for final exams is study. Create a schedule of your upcoming exams and the days you will take each exam. Set aside some time each week to review and study course material from the semester. This may be found in your book and in your online class. Also, keep an eye out as your teacher may have a final exam study guide for you.
In addition to the obvious act of studying for your exam, here are some pointers to help you prepare for finals. Review this information and act where needed. This will ensure that your technology is set up and that your appointment is reserved.
- All final exams need to be COMPLETED by 2pm PST on Friday, May 24th. Make sure you schedule your exam by 11:00 am to ensure enough time to finish and submit by 2pm.
- Oaks Christian Online has two ways you can take your final exam. It is the student's sole responsibility that their final exam is completed on time and without delays from technical difficulties or other issues; no exceptions or extensions will be granted.
- Option 1: Online Via ProctorU webcam proctoring service.
- Option 2: We will have a limited number of in person final exams in the Oaks Christian Online Lab located on the 3rd Floor of the OC Learning Center. Our typical testing room is currently being used by the main campus as a classroom. As a result, most students best option will be to take their exam via ProctorU.
- Please note: Partner Schools may be proctoring their own exams on their campus.
- Please schedule your in-person final exams by 5/9/19
- Visit www.oakschristianonline.org/finals to reserve your spot in our Lab.
- Schedule your exam 72 hours in advance to avoid on-demand scheduling fees.
- Expect the startup process with the proctor to take about 10-15 min. Please plan for this additional time when ensuring you complete your exams by 2pm.
- Ensure you have a high-speed internet connection, a webcam (internal or external), a Windows or Mac operating system, and a government issued photo ID. (A school ID will work for this)
- It is recommended that you visit www.proctoru.com/testitout prior to your proctoring session. We also recommend that you click on the button that says “connect to a live person” to fully test out your equipment.
- NOTE: For ProctorU, you must be using the current version of Google Chrome and have downloaded the ProctorU Chrome extension available at http://bit.ly/proctoruchrome
- It is the student's sole responsibility that their final exam is completed on time and without delays from technical difficulties or other issues; no exceptions or extensions will be granted.
- For additional information please review the test-taker resource center at https://www.proctoru.com/resources/test-takers/live/
- Any questions during the exam should be directed to the student support team via the live chat within your ProctorU Account found in the bottom right corner when you are logged in.
Aside from the logistics of taking your final exams below are some reminders and policies to keep in mind as you prepare.
- As a reminder, ALL coursework must be completed in your course before you take the final. Placeholders should be submitted for any missing assignments prior to starting your exam. These placeholders will receive a score of ZERO. Your final will not be accessible until something is submitted for all assignments.
- No assignments will be accepted after the final has been started. If you are behind, make sure you are getting caught up now!
- The resubmission period on your last few modules is reduced or non-existent because assignments cannot be accepted past the last day of class. Make sure you are not relying on the resubmission period for full credit.
- As a reminder, not all courses will have a final exam. If you need to confirm that your class has a final exam, please contact your teacher.
- No exceptions or extensions will be granted so it is critical that students are proactive in eliminating technical difficulties and completing their finals on time.
Congratulations on making it to the end of the school year. We pray that you are pleased with your work in the course; now finish strong!